465.orange chocolate muffins

The year is ending 

Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year. Hope 2015 is filled with joy, happiness and magical moments.



The year is nearly ending and everyone is in a happy festive mood. Hubby and I are off to Dubai today to spend Christmas with my son, my daughter in law, her parents and brother. Hubby's first visit to Dubai and my second time. Looking forward to seeing a bit more of Dubai.Double celebration for us... our first Christmas with our daughter in law and her family and my hubby's birthday is on 25th Dec. Today our house help Julius is travelling to his village, to celebrate Christmas with his family. He has been with us for over 15 years.Don't know who the boss of the house is.... him or me??? More like he is as he always gets his way. I baked some muffins for him to take home for his sons and wife. The eggless cherry chocolate muffins turned out really soft and spongy. Sorry, I had left 2 and they got gobbled up before I could take another photo.
Am I making any new year resolutions? Well, I usually don't stick to them so I think, do I need to make one? Perhaps I should as it probably acts like a constant reminder. I do want to lose some weight. For me that's a big challenge as I have always hated any sporting activity. If I see this challenge through, then it will make me into a more disciplined and focused person. Its so hard doing things we hate. I hate exercising. Its so easy to do things we love and I love food. 


So lets see how long I will be able to keep up my resolution. Party time in Dubai and then its back to some serious work in 2015!

Share your thoughts:
Do you make new year resolutions and stick to it or give up after a month?


ORANGE CHOCOLATE  MUFFINS
Makes 24 small ones

1½ cups plain flour (all purpose flour)
¼ cup cocoa powder
1¼ cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda bicarbonate (baking soda)
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup oil
½ cup plain yogurt
½ cup milk
½ cup water/ fresh orange juice
½ cup chopped candied cherries
1 tbsp orange zest
  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
  2. Line the muffin tray or muffin cups with paper cups.
  3. Sieve flour, salt, baking powder, soda bicarbonate and cocoa together into a bowl.
  4. Add the candied cherries and mix into the flour.
  5. In another bowl add sugar, oil, plain yogurt, milk, juice or water and zest.
  6. Whisk the mixture.
  7. Add the liquid to the flour mixture.
  8. Mix with a spoon or spatula till  the flour becomes wet. Do not over mix.
  9. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups or tray. Fill it with the batter ¾ of the way.
  10. Bake in the oven for 15 -20 minutes or till its done. Test by inserting a toothpick or fork into the muffin. If it comes out clean then the muffins are done.
  11. Remove the muffins from the muffin tray or cups and let them cool on a wire rack.
  12. When the muffins are cool, leave them plain or decorate with butter icing, glace icing or whipped fresh cream.
Tips:
  • Add chocolate chips, other dried fruits or nuts instead of cherries.
  • While grating the orange peel, be careful not to grate the white part as it is bitter.
You may want to check out the following :

saffron pistachio muffins
coffee and cream muffins

spicy christmas muffins
Sending this recipe to the following events :

Comments

  1. Yes this is year is going to end, wishing a prosperous 2015. Chocolate muffins looks delicious thanks for sharing with Favorite recipes event. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Koiloreo/ Kuilodde/ Koilori (Goan Pancakes)

337.Green tomato jam

535.Buckwheat savoury pancakes/uttapams